You may or may not have heard about Amazon Tap, due to the extreme popularity of Amazon Echo. Needless to say, Amazon is a very creative and innovative company; mainly known for the e-commerce website, Amazon.com, they take the bets further by making various technological products. Amazon Echo is a smart speaker, but Amazon Tap is also a smart speaker, and they both are powered by Alexa. However, they are designed for different purposes. Which one is better for your current needs?
If we try to explain the differences in the simplest way possible, Amazon Echo is designed for home (or office) usage, to be static in a certain environment. Meanwhile, Amazon Tap is designed to be mobile for your various activities. Why? Let us start with the control mechanism. Amazon Echo is armed with seven built-in powerful microphones for detecting your voice, and you can easily control it by calling the name “Alexa” before each command. No touch is needed. Amazon Tap also features voice control, but, for activation, you need to tap the device before each command. Furthermore, Amazon Echo only relies on an AC adapter for power, so, you can’t exactly say that Amazon Echo is ready for travels. On the contrary, Amazon Tap relies on a battery that can last up to 9 hours per charge.
How about the sound quality? Amazon Echo is bulkier than Amazon Tap because it houses bigger drivers with 2.5-inch woofer and 2.0-inch tweeter. Amazon Tap has dual 1.5-inch drivers with dual passive radiators for bass extension. As the result, Amazon Echo sounds more powerful than Amazon Tap, powerful enough to fill the air of a room and the surroundings.
Amazon Echo Vs Amazon Tap
|Amazon Echo||Amazon Tap|
|Key Features||- Plays all your music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads audiobooks and the news, reports traffic and weather, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, switches, and thermostats with compatible WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Insteon, and ecobee smart home devices
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills--over 100 added since launch, including Domino's and Uber||- Just tap and ask for music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, and even order a pizza
- - Streams all your music via Bluetooth from your phone or tablet
Delivers crisp sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360º omni-directional audio
- Provides up to 9 hours of playback
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
- Includes Charging Cradle|
|Ratings||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||n/a|
|Best Deal*||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Amazon Echo or Amazon Tap? To enhance your home system, Amazon Echo is the best way to go. Looking something feasible to brought anywhere, anytime? Amazon Tap.