Are you looking for an in-car speaker that allows you to enjoy music and take calls easily as you drive? Of course, listening to your favorite musical pieces can ease the stress of the traffic. The very act can also soothe you if you are having a bad day. Meanwhile, taking calls while driving is indeed not recommended because it may avert your attention from the road, but there are some very important calls that you are not supposed to neglect. By using an in-car speaker, you can answer those important calls without averting your sight from the road, promoting a safer driving. Now, if you have ever heard about Jabra Journey, you should also know about Jabra Tour. Both products are similar in-car speakerphones by Jabra. Which is the one that you should choose?
One thing that you may have noticed is that both Tour and Journey share some similar features. Well, Journey is an older product whereas Tour is the newer version. Each of them comes with a built-in microphone which allows you not only to answer calls but also to control the speaker via voice commands. Each of Jabra Tour and Jabra Journey also comes with the automatic on/off function, which utilizes the built-in motion sensor. These smart speakerphones are able to notice when you get into the car to automatically power on. Such design is obviously very convenient. You don’t need to fumble with any power button to put down the burden and submerge yourself in some good music. (Take a look : Jabra Tour Vs Jabra Drive)
Regarding the design, both are very compact and lightweight, but Jabra Tour is more square whilst Jabra Journey is rectangular. Most people will agree that Jabra Tour looks better. The speaker grille is surrounded by a white circle. At the center, there is a dedicated mute button, which is handy for quickly turning down the volume on important events.
In addition, Jabra Tour also comes with a larger, more powerful speaker than Jabra Journey. The power amplification seems to be higher, as Jabra Tour is able to deliver higher volume levels while retaining superior crisp and clarity. Jabra Journey is not able to deliver similar levels of performance. In addition, Jabra Tour’s engine is also smarter than Jabra Journey. It is more intuitive, able to understand more voice commands. Last but not least, Jabra Tour also has the capability to access the connected phone’s contact list to search for a caller ID.
Jabra Tour Vs Journey
|Jabra Tour||Jabra Journey|
|Key Features||- Designed for great sound with HD Voice, noise cancellation technology and an extra large speaker
- Voice Control activates your Android or Siri voice engine; control Jabra Tour with your voice including Answer/Ignore, Pair New Device, Battery and Phone Command voice commands
- Built-in motion sensor for Auto On and Auto Off, when device is not in use to save battery life
- Easy to set up. Just pair to your phone and place Jabra Tour on your sun visor
- In-car charger with additional USB cable so you can charge on-the-go; Up to 20 hours of talk time and 45 days standby time||- HD microphone with enhanced noise cancellation provides exceptional sound quality
- Auto on/off function automatically turns device on or off as you enter or leave the car
- Voice Control allows the user to answer or ignore calls by using simple voice commands; Voice Guidance provides spoken caller ID, battery level and connection status
- Multiuse connects to 2 Bluetooth devices at the same time and A2DP lets you stream music, podcasts and GPS directions from phone
- Up to 20 hours talk or music time and up to 45 days standby time; includes car charger and USB cable|
|Ratings||4.0 out of 5.0 stars||3.8 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
All in all, we recommend you to choose Jabra Tour. Compared to Jabra Journey, the audio quality is much better. It is also smarter and more intuitive.