Yearning for the ultimate earphones for exceptional sound quality? The titans are ready to answer. Westone brings the luxury of their W series, Westone W60, while Shure takes the SE846.
Westone claims that W60 can yield the finest and the most well-tuned output possible from any earphone nowadays. And it is not to be doubted. Westone W60 comes with a whipping six-driver sytsem integrated with three-way crossover; having dual drivers for individual low, mid, and high frequency signal processing. Having two drivers for each frequency range is just plain crazy – this W60 brings the ultra clarity especially on vocals and trebles. Meanwhile, Shure’s products are known for their superb bass, and very few products could match SE846’s performance on deep-low sounds. SE846 features a new low-pass filter design exclusively made by Shure that enables the deep low-end performance without sacrificing the detail of mids or highs. You can also customize the frequency response yourself due to the changeable nozzles. SE846 also provides excellent noise attenuation, capable of suppressing 37 dB noise; apparently better than W60’s noise reduction.
W60’s bundle includes tips of various size for your comfort, along with an MFI cable, a Westone 3.5 mm braided replacement cable, and mini-monitor vault. The provided cables make W60 universally compatible to any gadgets. Shure SE846 comes with 46″ and 64″ cables, cable clip, frequency response customization kit, 1/4″ adapters, and volume control. Westone W60 has the higher price tag compared to SE846.
Westone W60 Vs Shure SE846
|Westone W60||Shure SE846|
|Key Features||- The premier six-driver system with a three-way crossover yields the finest audio available today from any earphone.
- The W60 features dual drivers for the high frequencies, the mid-range and the bass, producing a powerful yet balanced sound that offers great detail and high energy output that earned it the Best of CES in the headphone category.
- The W60 includes five sizes of patented STARTM Tips and five sizes of premium True-FitTM comfort foam tips, a MFI cable, a Westone 3.5 mm braided replacement cable, mini-monitor vault, cleaning tool, and a 2-year warranty.
- The specially made ear tips use an ergonomic design incorporating lessons learned on fit and design gathered over the last five decades of manufacturing millions of products for the human ear.
- Along with providing extreme comfort, the ear tips isolate ambient noise to provide the utmost clarity.||- Bundle of 3 items: Shure SE846 Sound Isolating Earphones - Clear & Shure CBL-M+-K music phone adapter cable with remote plus mic & 3.5 mm Stereo Y Cable by Front Row Electronics
- QUAD HIGH-DEFINITION MICRODRIVERS WITH TRUE SUBWOOFER
- PATENT-PENDING DESIGN FOR UNPARALLELED LOW END
- UNMATCHED PERSONALIZATION AND COMFORT - DURABLE, SOPHISTICATED DESIGN
- What is in the Box: Shure SE846 Sound Isolating Earphones 45" Kevlar Headphone Cable 60" Kevlar Headphone Cable 3 x Pairs of Foam Sleeves 3 x Pairs of Soft Flex Sleeves Pair of Yellow Foam Sleeves Pair of Triple Flange Sleeves Volume Control Square Carrying Case Airline Adapter 1/8" to 1/4" Adapter Nozzle Removal Key Balanced Nozzle Insert Warm Nozzle Insert Bright Nozzle Insert Cable Clip Polishing Cloth Limited 2-Year Warranty|
|Ratings||4.3 out of 5.0 stars||5.0 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 37%
please click here||Save money
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
It is very hard to determine the winner of Westone W60 vs. Shure SE846. Both are the ultimate luxuries, having extraordinary features. However, in the end, Shure SE846 is still better than W60. Shure SE846 comes with the lower price for significant features. Though W60 has the six-driver system, it is still unable to match SE846’s bass performance. So, Shure SE846 gives better value for your money.