Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Vs Sennheiser HD 558 – A lot of people are willing to spend quite a lot of budget to get the best pair of headphones. Although frequently earphones or headphones is also packed in the set of the bought gadget, but almost all the time the quality hardly equal to the professional headphones. Some people perhaps won’t give a fuss about this, but for the audiophile, the bass quality and the sound blocking feature are highly important. That’s why sometimes it needs long time to decide which product to buy, reading reviews and made comparisons.
The comparison that is often sought is the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD 558. Both of the headphones are used for home professional mixing and listening experience, so far these products also take into account for the best high quality headphones with prices range less than USD$ 200.
From the appearances, they don’t differ so much. Though the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 over more color and cable type variations, and also included a protective pouch in the set. The Sennheiser HD 558 looks a bit sturdier than the ATM-M50, and also weight a little bit more, yet this hardly become a considerable point (read also : Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Vs M50S).
Most reviews stated that the Sennheiser HD 558 offers higher sound quality. The product gives a richer bass, and also completed with the sound stage feature. The latter would present a greater experience in watching movies and listening to music. Both of Sennheiser HD 558 and the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 block outside sounds very well, but for portable uses and or recording studio uses, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 is more preferable, because unlike the Sennheiser HD 558 that is made with open design, the closed design of Audio-Technica ATH-M50 would hinder any sound from the inside leaked to the outside.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD 558
|Audio-Technica ATH-M50||Sennheiser HD 558|
|Key Feature/s||- Exceptional audio quality for professional monitoring and mixing
- Collapsible design ideal for easy portability and convenient storage, Cable Length: 3.9 - 9.8' (1.2 - 3m) Coiled Cable
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with neodymium magnet systems
- Closed-back cushioned earcup design creates an outstanding seal for maximum isolation
- Adjustable padded headband for comfort during long mixing/recording sessions, 1 year warranty||- Audiophile-grade high performance headphones
- Twist and lock single-sided cable eliminates tangles and simplifies exchanges
- Gold plated 1/4" plug with 1/8" adapter
- Highly optimized field strengthened neodymium ferrous magnet system
- Internal Sound Reflector immerses the listener in rich audio
- Twist and lock single sided cable eliminates tangles and simplifies exchanges|
|Ratings||4.7 out of 5.0 stars||4.6 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal||Save money
Buy it now!||Save 31%
Buy it now!|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
For Sennheiser being one of the prior brands in the industry, the audio technology of the Sennheiser products are guaranteed for the high quality. The Sennheiser HD 558 proves it with the comfort and the amazing detailed sounds experience. However, hardly far from that, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 has become one of the best headphones for its’ lower price, yet undoubtedly high quality sound compatibility and also the highly convenient designs.