For those whose days are inseparable from their music, having compact speakers like Beats Pill+ Vs Bose SoundLink Mini 2 will be fun because now you can listen to those songs conveniently almost anywhere. While small speakers often lack sound quality and volume, these two are considerably amazing for your leisure time but are be quite different as well. Before you decide to go with one of them, here are some things you may want to consider first.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- What to Consider in a Bluetooth Speaker
- What are Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2
- What Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 Look Like
- How are the Sound Quality of Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2
- What else Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 can offer
- How are the Battery Life of Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2
- Beats Pill+ Vs Bose SoundLink Mini 2
Bluetooth and Compact Speakers
Good speakers are everywhere and many of us are relying on them when it comes to music listening but for the options, our preferences are differing widely. Big speakers generally will also produce louder sound and are meant for shows or home entertainment while the smaller ones are great for convenient and traveling purposes. Nowadays, people seem to choose the smaller and compact version over the huge box as they can be used almost anywhere, moreover, with how wireless technology is becoming more reliable.
Bluetooth speakers are very popular in modern days because people don’t want to deal with cables anymore and the technology will allow them to connect the device to various sources, making them versatile enough for different applications. Below are some factors to consider when buying a new Bluetooth speaker:
- As a gear or tool meant to listen to your music, the sound quality will be the most important. What’s a bit tricky is that sometimes we shop from online stores thus, we can’t know how they sound exactly. Trying to see how the sample sounds like from videos will be very helpful but as we are listening to them from different gear, they will sound different too. Personally we prefer to stick with popular names because they tend to be more reliable and have better component quality.
- Being portable and wireless meant we have to rely on batteries as well and this is an important factor to consider. Battery power and performance will decide how long we can use the speaker and it will also be highly affected by the music’s volume. Many speakers can be used in moderate volumes for more than 10 hours and in some models the unit can be used to charge your device as well through USB cable.
- In case this speaker is meant to be carried while traveling or while having fun in outdoors activities, the built quality especially their water resistant ability is worth to note for. Most expensive Bluetooth or compact speakers like Bose SoundLink Micro Vs JBL Clip 3 are built with rugged bodies and made with protective quality too so then we can put them in different activities.
- If this speaker will often be taken on the go or if you need to keep them very compact in a backpack or purse, the unit needs to be very compact and small too. Consider the form factor and weight in case you have to move them around and when you want to use them in certain applications such as sports, ensure that there is a compatible strap to keep them safely attached.
| ||Beats Pill+||Bose SoundLink Mini 2
|Product Dimensions||12.4 x 22 x 8.2 inches|
|7.1 x 2.3 x 2 inches
|Shipping Weight||1.28 pounds|
|Best offer||Check price||Check price
About Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2
You will find tons of good speakers including the Bluetooth ones from the well-known names to the unfamiliar ones. It is best to shop based on the budget because it can save the selection process, making them shorter. Note that speaker’s sound quality is very complex and is the result of all components as well as design of the unit thus, spending more often results in better speakers both on how they sound and how they last in your application.
Popular brands usually have reliable options but also different signature sound which makes certain brands have their own fans. Talking about good Bluetooth or compact speakers, Beats and Bose are two amazing options to consider. We are sure most people are familiar with these names as they are very popular but our favorite part from their products is both on the built quality as well as the sound output because they are more than just “decent”. Of course depending on the model you will find different experiences too.
If what you look for is speakers that still can be ideal for transporting but robust as well for fixed application, Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 will be two ideal choices to consider. These are highly rated compact speakers which shine the most in terms of sound quality thus, despite the fairly petite form factor, many are satisfied on how powerful they will deliver your favorite songs. Additionally, you will find some useful features in the unit along with reliable batteries.
However, being equally good options doesn’t make Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 identical as well because while you can find almost the same capabilities on both speakers including satisfying sound, the latter does seem different and not all people will prefer the same sound colors. Personally, we like both of them and think the price is worth it, but subjectively Bose sounds more pleasing on our ears.
Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 Design
Rather than mini speakers that you can hold while being used or put on the backpack shoulder strap, Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 are more into a product we put on a desk and let them stay in a mostly fixed or unbothered space. The unit itself is not very compact and comes in a size similar to your small coffee tumbler with Beats measuring at 8.2-inch long and 2.5-inch deep compared to Bose slightly smaller form factor at 7.1-inch long and 2.3-inch deep.
They are also not very light weighing 746 grams for the Pill+ and 680 grams for the Mini 2 so they do put quite a weight while being transported. But, it also indicates that these companies are using quality materials because you can feel it right after holding them as the products are very solid including the control buttons with a nice touch to it. As you can see, both of them still have the basic navigation panel at the top in which Pill+ upgrade this panel into a grippy silicon material.
Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 Sound Quality
Moving further, now let’s see what Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 can offer especially on the sound colors or quality. As two quite expensive models, we are sure you will like their sound and while not being the best, these two offer power and decent amount of bass for those with modern taste like Hip-Hop or Pop and EDM music but, in comparison Beats does boost its lower frequency more, making it has prominent kick on the lower end for bass enthusiast.
The not-so-good part is this also tends to drown the vocals and the higher frequencies like high vocals and cymbal crashes may get distorted. On the other hand, we feel like the bass amount in SoundLink Mini 2 is just enough, it is there but not overpowering so you can enjoy a wider genre or types of music. What’s even better in our opinion from Bose is it can retain the clarity even at higher volumes, something that Beats does seems to lack.
Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 Features
The next part we want to talk about is their features and first thing we want to mention is you can connect Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 with two phones at the same time and choose which one to listen to but, only Pill+ allows you to pair one source with two speakers or playing it in left-right mode since Mini 2 doesn’t support the feature. Bose, however, has a spelling function in which the speaker will spell battery level and the numbers that’s calling you.
In addition, what makes you want to pay attention more to the speakers is their waterproofing ability because none of them have IPX rating which is surprising knowing that most compact models out there at least are IPX 7. If you find your smartphone’s battery doesn’t last very long, Beats has a charging port to refill the juice.
Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 Battery
The last part you may want to know is their battery capacity and how long we can play music through these speakers. Overall, Beats Pill+ and Bose SoundLink Mini 2 are very reliable and should last quite long but, compared to each other, Bose does wins easily in this side because when played with 50% volumes the Pill+ will dies at around 13 hours while after the same amount of usage and volume SoundLink Mini 2 still has 60% of its juice.
Beats Pill+ vs Bose SoundLink Mini 2
These speakers are amazing for daily use because you can listen to your favorite songs almost anywhere and also reliable for small to medium sized rooms. What’s different in our opinion is that the Pill+ have more pronounced bass hence it is amazing for modern genres but Mini 2 is more balanced and can accommodate different music better while still being pleasant on the lower-end. This speaker also has longer battery life but you can’t charge or pair it with other speakers.
- Defined, pure sound quality Bluetooth speaker in a portable, compact design - the length of the device is 0.68 feet
- Pair and play with Bluetooth device with a 12-hour rechargeable battery
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Grab a friend and control the music from two Bluetooth sources.
- Big sound with deep bass for a full range listening experience
- Wireless and ultra compact so you can take Bose sound anywhere, Bluetooth Transmission Range Up to 30'
- Built in speakerphone lets you take calls out loud; Lithium ion battery plays up to 10 hours on full charge
- Voice prompts talk you through Bluetooth pairing, so it's super easy
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
You can go with any of these models as they are equally reliable but, it is wise to choose based on what you want better. If you will listen to different types of music and not a big fan of bassy speakers while also wishing to have a unit that lasts long between charges, SoundLink Mini 2 from Bose is the better option.