Wireless speakers are amazing because they are useful both indoor and outdoor but also affordable and some even have convenient features that will benefit your activities. For those who are looking for good sound quality without the high price, Beats Pill+ Vs JBL Charge 4 will be two ideal options to consider. These are Bluetooth speakers that we can bring almost anywhere for your entertainment. If you are also interested to have one of them, see which will offer the best experience here.
In this article, we are going to give you information:
- What to Consider in Compact Bluetooth Speaker
- What are Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4
- What Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4 Look Like
- How are the Sound Quality of Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4
- What else Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4 can offer
- How are the Battery Life of Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4
- Beats Pill+ Vs JBL Charge 4
Compact Bluetooth Speakers
We are sure most people are having their own favorite genre when it comes to music, along with their favorite musicians. Music itself is inseparable from our daily life and many of us listen to their favorite playlist while relaxing, working, exercising, etc. The method we used to listen to them is different because depending on which is more convenient, we can either listen through a medium or huge speaker or smaller driver just for your ears to enjoy so then we don’t disturb other people.
If you are here, we are sure the more compact speakers are what you look for and this type of transducer is not only easy to carry but also allows users to share their music to a wider audience without going too far. Before picking one from the plethora of options, here are some factors you may want consider:
- Since compact speakers are mostly meant to be carried around, it will be inconvenient if they are going to need a power directly hence this type of speakers are relying on battery. The bigger the battery, the heavier your speaker might be but the pros is we can enjoy them for longer without worrying about running out of juice. In addition, if the speakers have other features as well, we will mostly be able to use them more effectively if the battery has bigger capacity.
- Due to the benefit of being compact, they also tend to be carried from places to places and this is why many Bluetooth or compact speakers are built as robust as possible completed with water resistant ability. If you will be carrying the speaker to the pool, while traveling, or other types of sports, it is great to make sure the unit has a certain water resistant rating such as IPX7 owned by Bose SoundLink Micro Vs JBL Clip 3 so we can be more at ease out there.
- As a tool that we used to listen to music, their sound quality will be important as well. The tricky part is when you shop online it is difficult to distinguish their sound from each other even when listening to the sample itself as the one we used to listen to through the smartphone or headphone/speaker may put their own color that can alter the real sound of the unit. However, at least we have a slight idea on how the speaker will sound like in real-life.
- Last but not least is their design or size, especially their portability. There are various designs when it comes to Bluetooth or compact speakers and make sure to pick the one that offers the best convenience for your application. For example, if you will strap the speaker on a backpack and bike handle, find the one with an ideal straps or slot while those using them in a fixed setting can go with almost any model or design.
| ||Beats Pill+||JBL Charge 4
|Product Dimensions||12.4 x 22 x 8.2 inches|
|12.5 x 11.2 x 7.7 inches
|Shipping Weight||1.28 pounds|
|Best offer||Check price||Check price
About Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4
Since Bluetooth speakers are very popular among young people to aid their smartphone’s output, you will see so many of them implying sporty and modern design which are also similar to each other at some point especially with the cylinder type. Nowadays, compact speakers are varying more in shapes as companies try to be different from each other yet, you can still find the traditional capsule, cylinder, or stick type that are both convenient for traveling but still attractive enough for a fixed setup.
Talking about Bluetooth speakers, almost any audio equipment brands offer them in their catalogue but we personally prefer to stick with popular names as they are easily available and chances are they also reliable enough both in built quality and sound quality. Among those well-known manufacturers, we are sure most people are familiar with Beats and JBL. These two and Bose are main players in the portable speakers market but not without a reason as their products are highly reliable.
Many also more of a fan than just casual consumers but checking how good their speakers are, it is not surprising to see some users being a collector and upgrading their product each time they released new models. For those who are chasing big sound and don’t mind with a slight bulk, Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4 will be two ideal options to consider. Both of them are loved due to the powerful sound in considerably petite built but also still pleasant for different genres.
The Pill+ is often compared to the more serious Bose SoundLink line especially the Revolve variant due to their similarity but if sound quality is what you are chasing and not portability, then we will simply tell you to go for the more expensive option. On the other hand, Charge 4 is one of the newest offerings from this brand as it is the upgrade version of its little brother, claiming to be more refined in terms of sound quality.
Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4 Design
As you can see, Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4 are quite similar in design as both adopt the cylinder shape but, Pill+ is also not fully cylinder as it has flat sides on both of the top and bottom. The unit itself is not very compact as a unit that we can bring everywhere but in rough measurement this one is around 2.5-inch by 8.25-inch while weighing at 26.3 oz. The flat surface itself has this grippy silicone texture and all controls available at the top of the unit.
For the Charge 4, this model is sitting between JBL Xtreme and Flip 4 which is not compact as well considering it is a Bluetooth speaker. Compared to Pill+ however, it is still bigger and weighs about 5 oz. heavier. The built itself is still very similar to Charge 3 and measured around 3.6-inch by 8.6-inch from diameter to length. It has a flat panel at the bottom to let the unit sit properly while the top area is for the control panel consisting of power, playback, etc.
Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4 Sound Quality
Moving further, now let’s see what Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4 can offer and starting with the most important sound quality, both of them are actually good speakers with prominently good experiences. Side by side however, they are quite different and even with Charge 3, you can still feel that the bass range somehow is tighter on the previous model and for Pill+, this one has clarity above else but also doesn’t give you the wide feeling of Charge 4.
The Pill+ is quite bright for a bass heavy speaker and we do think vocals heavy songs will still sound good in this model but those who listen to songs with prominent low-end will even more enjoy the output. Charge 4 is more airy in comparison based on what we hear while the bass and mid-range also present but somehow the vocal and highs doesn’t have the kind of pronounce you listen on Charge 3 or Pill+.
Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4 Features
The next part we want to talk about is their features especially for the Charge 4 because if you are familiar with speaker that can also act as speakerphone, this feature is not available in this model for some reason yet, for the pairing function, worry not as this one still can be connected to other unit and play as left and right respectively. The Pill+ also has the pairing feature but it also keeps the speakerphone functionality so we can still make a call using the unit.
On the durability, while built wise they are very sturdy and robust, unfortunately only Charge 4 comes with a waterproofing feature which makes the speaker can be used in a wider application while Pill+ is meant only for indoor or at least friendly condition, far from water.
Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4 Battery Life
The last part we want to mention is their battery since it affects how long you can enjoy listening through them without worrying about the power left. Pill+ itself claimed that the unit can be listened for up to 12 hours in moderate volume and in 50% volume, the test showed it can last for up to 13 hours. JBL Charge 4 on the other hand claimed to last for 20 hours and testing at 50% volume this speaker performs very poorly at only 9 hours.
Beats Pill+ vs JBL Charge 4
These compact yet powerful Bluetooth speakers are amazing for your casual moment, relaxing at home, or enjoying the free time with friends and family. Sound quality wise they are good for the size, we do think we can play any genres with them but chances are you will get more details from Pill+ as it is more pronounced in our opinion while the mid-range somehow better in Charge 4. Size wise Charge 4 is also heavier and bulkier but has lower battery life and has no speakerphone function but still carries waterproofing.
- Grab a friend and control the music from two Bluetooth sources.
- Charge out to charge your Apple iPhone and other devices; Type of Jack: Lightning to USB-A charging cable
- Enhanced speaker phone lets you make and receive calls with clarity
- Comes with Beats Pill+ speaker with 1.5m Lightning to USB-A charging cable, 12.5W PSU, Quick Start Guide and Warranty Card
- Play and Charge Endlessly Introducing the JBL Charge 4 portable Bluetooth speaker with full-spectrum
- It features a proprietary developed driver and two JBL bass radiators that intensify sound with strong deep bass
- Its high-capacity 7800mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery provides up to 20 hours of playtime
- The speaker carries a convenient USB charge out to quickly charge your devices
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
It is difficult to pick between Beats Pill+ and JBL Charge 4 as they carry both pros and cons but if we have to go with one, personally we like the sound color or Beats Pill+ and its slimmer as well as feature to act as speakerphone, just make sure the speaker doesn’t get any contact with water.