For casual music listener, one of the most important equipment to have is a headphone or earphone of your choice because they are versatile and can be used almost anywhere. If you are looking for a pair that can offer more than the standard sound quality for the ears, Cowin E7 vs 7 Pro are two great option to go. They are made to please the listeners with pleasing sounds and some noise cancelling but are also slightly different so, check them below before getting one.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
– Why using a Noise Cancelling Headphone
– What are Cowin E7 and E7 Pro
– What Cowin E7 and E7 Pro Look Like
– How are the Noise Cancelling in Cowin E7 and E7 Pro
– How are the Sound Quality in Cowin E7 and E7 Pro
– Are Cowin E7 and E7 Pro Comfortable
– What else Cowin E7 and E7 Pro can offer to you
– Cowin E7 vs E7 Pro
Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most of us have one or more than a pair of headphones and earphones in the house because they are a necessary equipment to have when you often listen to music both at home and outside. They are making sure we are able to listen to songs regardless the environment since the sound is kept to our ears only and good models should not leak sound that can disturb the person next to you. Due to the versatility, there are various types of headphones and earphones to answer the market demand.
If you ever shop for headphones or earphones, the term noise cancelling must be familiar to the ears as well since this type of equipment seems to be very popular in the last few years. The technology is also fairly new compared to the speaker itself but in the present day, many people are starting to look for this feature especially those who spent lots of time in a crowded office or public transportation. Just like the name, they are claimed to be able to block ambience noise until some level.
What you may want to keep in mind is not all of them will have the same level of cancellation and even those deemed as the best may still have some disadvantage despite the high price. However, it is true that most of noise cancelling headphones will reduce the amount of noise heard by our ears so users can listen to their favorite songs properly or just be at peach in situation like traveling in plane with crying children and toddlers.
The way a noise cancelling headphones work is by actively counter noise because the technology and fancy tools inside will detects and analyzes the sound pattern of incoming noise then generate the mirror or anti-noise signal to cancel them out. While it can’t reduce the whole noise, there will be some level of decreasing sounds we hear. Since it analyzes noise, they are working better with low, steady sounds like engine noise rather than the dynamic of road noises with different vehicles and sirens.
Noise cancelling headphones are working actively so they will need power from battery whether it is rechargeable or disposable so hope to see the unit to come in a bulkier form in case you don’t usually wear over ears. They are also fairly expensive compared to regular headphones and most of the time will not have the same or best sound quality for the price range. Read also: Audio Technica ATH-MSR7NC vs Bose QC25 here.
About Cowin E7 and E7 Pro
If you already have the budget allocated to purchase a noise cancelling headphones, now is the time to see what the market has to offer. Big names like Bose or Sony will require us to spend more but their qualities are also among the tops and not all of us will be willing to spend more than $100 just for headphones yet, in case you also want to get an affordable model, the best selling headphones in Amazon may fit your ears just as good.
The headphone we are talking about are Cowin E7 and E7 Pro which may not sound that familiar but currently two of the best for the price range. They are not going to give you an astonishing performance but since they are also not asking much, we should not hope too high. Just like the common headphones, we are seeing an over ear model here and in general, they are a very good option when you have fairly loud neighbor or want something better than a regular headphone with only passive cancellation.
They are wired or wireless and sounds equally good at both connection but, you may want to keep in mind that the headphones will require power to play so regardless using Bluetooth or wire, they are equally taking power and when the batteries spent, they won’t work even though listened using a cable. They are claimed to last about 30 hours, sometimes can be even longer while the charging time will take around 8 hours from the empty state.
Cowin E7 and E7 Pro Design
As you can see from the sample picture above, both of them are quite identical to each other coming with a bulky and sturdy looking design but, when handled, they are actually light enough weighing about 0.6 pounds. From the style-wise, they are quite stylish and will complement your look if it is an important part even though the plastic material used here is a bit cheap when touched. What sets them apart is the slight difference on the plates used because Cowin E7 Pro have black plates on their ear cups as opposed to silver.
The ear cups stay the same both on the size and shape alongside the headband. Another similarity is the control buttons placement but it is slightly different since E7 Pro have those in more flush position than the original headphone. The controls are cramped to each other so we find it rather difficult to get the right control for certain function.
Cowin E7 and E7 Pro Noise Cancelling
When looking for a noise cancelling headphones, the most important point is the noise cancelling ability because it is the goal of using the equipment. As for Cowin E7 and E7 Pro, both of them are not going to make all the noise around you turn silent because high-frequency noises will be heard by your ears even though the noise cancelling is active. Comparing the two in this part, there seem to be no difference because the cancelling have the same level.
It can reduce the noisiness of your environment such as the electric fan noise but also tends to skip-out when the users is making any rapid motions such as while doing house chores or walking from place to another. However, when used while sitting during travelling, they are very reliable to make your music even more prominent and enjoyable.
Cowin E7 and E7 Pro Sound Quality
The next important part when looking for a headphone including a noise cancelling model is the sound quality since there is no use on wearing one that sounds bad and will turn your music to be less pleasant to the ears. Fortunately, both of them are performing acceptably well in this part yet in comparison the E7 Pro is slightly better. They have a deep and extended bass so the sound coming out will satisfy bass lovers thanks to the thumps and kicks.
But, the sub-bass is a bit lacking so thumps and rumbles may sound less addicting with the mid-range tends to sound thin especially on vocals in original E7. On the other hand, the E7 Pro is lacking in the sub-bass yet better in mid-range and treble. The highs are sharp on Ts and S without the soundstage like a speaker.
Cowin E7 and E7 Pro Comfort
The next important part is the comfort level and in this side, since the build is not changed from the original version, Cowin E7 Pro still has the same comfortable fitting for various users head. The ear cups are well padded and will cushion the ears comfortably while the headband issue stays the same as well and still present even in the newer model. It doesn’t extend far enough to accommodate all head sizes but, what’s making it good is the lightweight form.
The E7 Pro however, have slightly softer padding which we do prefer better which is elevating the cushioning a little. Overall, they are not hard to fit but due to the stiff headband, some people with bigger head may find it a bit hurting when worn for long hours.
Cowin E7 and E7 Pro Features
The last thing we want to talk about Cowin E7 and E7 Pro is the controls and additional feature because Bluetooth headphones tend to have some controls on the main body most often on their ear cups. They have the same noise cancelling control, call/music control, and volume control but the E7 Pro is a little bit different and not as user friendly since the buttons are flush with the back of the ear cups so they don’t have as much travel as in the original model.
Now, let’s compare Cowin E7 with E7 Pro. As you may already know, the difference between them are not as substantial because the upgrade E7 Pro give is more geared towards the sound quality alone and not the overall headphone. The higher model also have subtler look in our opinion with now mostly black color scheme yet, it also has less friendly controls. The E7 Pro is working slightly longer with the battery but it will also charge longer than the original E7.
Cowin E7 vs E7 Pro
- Professional Active Noise Cancelling Technology. Significant noise reduction for travel, work and anywhere in between. Advanced active noise reduction technology quells airplane cabin noise, city traffic or a busy office, makes you focus on what you want to hear,enjoy your music, movies and videos. The noise cancellation function can work well both in wire and wireless mode.
- Proprietary 40mm Large-aperture Drivers. Deep, accurate bass response. The Active Noise Cancelling around-ear headphones from COWIN give you crisp, powerful sound and quiet that helps you enjoy your music better. The goal that provide Customers with better sound quality, is our constant pursuit.
- High-quality Built-in Microphone and NFC Technology. COWIN E7 provides high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls, Which is convenient for you to free yourself from wires. NFC pairing aided by voice prompts, promises quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices, Powerful Bluetooth Function.
- Much Better Sound. Proprietary 45mm large-aperture drivers provide you with deep, accurate bass response. From 75dB to 85dB, the COWIN E7 PRO Active Noise Cancelling Over Ear headphones give you crisp, powerful sound and quiet that helps you enjoy your music better. The goal that provides Customers with better sound quality, is our constant pursuit
- Upgraded Soft Ear Cushions for Comfort with The professional protein earpad and 90 swiveling earcups: This Bluetooth headphones are equipped with Upgraded Soft Ear Cushions, which not only make it much more durability and comfort, but also make customers enjoy this high-quality, Long-listen feast. And the Skin texture, lightweight comfortable around-ear fit you can wear all day long. Gentle Reminder: please take off the headphones every 2-3 hrs to get your ears relax
- Much Higher-quality Built-in Microphone and BT 4.0. COWIN E7 PRO provides high-quality built-in microphones for hands-free calls, Which is convenient for you to free yourself from wires. Bluetooth 4.0 promises quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices, Powerful Bluetooth Function
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
All in all, the decision is all yours to make because not all of us will have the same preferences and budget to spend so it is better to fit the unit with what please you most. However, if you don’t have a very tight budget, we do like the sound in E7 Pro better.