So, Etymotic proposes you with two attracting earphones now, huh? MC5 and MK5 indeed seem to be about nothing but gigantic value given their ultimately wallet-friendly cost. But, hold on a second! Before you make your choice, you should be aware of the key features of each model! Etymotic MC5 and Etymotic MK5 may seem very identical to each other, but they are immensely distinct at the basics.
We will just leave the exterior appearance alone because there are not so many things that can put them apart here, perhaps just the color. Well, okay, you should know that Etymotic MC5 has a metallic black hue nozzles while Etymotic MK5’s are grayish. Also, both of them provide custom-fit options. Now, we will plunge into the interior.
Though they both have 20 Hz – 15 kHz frequency response range, they feature different transducers. The MC5’s is 8-mm neodymium moving coil driver while the MK5’s is 6-mm. Furthermore, Etymotic MC5 has significantly lower impedance and higher sensitivity than Etymotic MK5. The lower impedance allows the MC5 to provide a louder output with less energy requirement. Hence, it is more friendly to your gadget’s battery. You can also enjoy a more robust performance. Meanwhile, the higher sensitivity makes the MC5 be able to deliver more details in the output. Additionally, Etymotic MC5 features replaceable ACCU Filters – those are the things that protect the moving coil drivers from ear wax.
Etymotic MC5 Vs MK5
|Etymotic MC5||Etymotic MK5|
|Brand||Etymotic Research||Etymotic Research|
|Key Features||- Achieves highest output sensitivity in its class with 100 dB SPL sensitivity at 1 kHz at 0.1 mV. 85%+ response accuracy from 20 Hz - 15 kHz.
- Etymotic's ACCUChamber technology makes dynamic drivers sound like high-end drivers by inserting a proprietary acoustic side-branch to redistribute energy, smooth the peaks and compensate for weak highs.
- High degree of noise isolation enables lower-volume listening, protects hearing. 35 dB - 42 dB of noise isolation.
- High-gloss polished aluminum finish. Kevlar®-reinforced cable for durability.
- Includes an assortment of noise-isolating ACCUFit eartip options to ensure proper seal and comfort. CUSTOMFIT option available. ACCU Filter(TM) User-replaceable filters that protect the moving coil driver.||- Best Sound Accuracy--Etymotic's earphones have the highest response accuracy of all in-ear earphones.
- Best Noise Isolation--Etymotic's earphones have the highest noise isolation of all earphones. Reduction of outside noise lowers the risk of listening at unsafe levels.
- Best Style and Fit--All Etymotic earphones include an assortment of noise-isolating ACCU-Fit eartip options to ensure proper seal and comfort.
- Isolation Never Sounded So Good--Tune out the world around you, so you can hear every detail.
- These low-profile, in-ear earphones fit comfortably with hats and helmets. Ideal for commuting, travel and sports.|
|Ratings||3.8 out of 5.0 stars||4.2 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 25%
please click here||Save money
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
In the end, we can see that Etymotic MC5 offers more edges than Etymotic MK5. Since they are being sold at the same price, Etymotic MC5 should be the way to go.