Look for the right portable headphone amplifier can be challenging. Considering about the number of the headphone amplifier, there will be many candidate to eliminate. Actually, you do not need to make it so difficult. Fiio has the answer for this. This brand has many candidates to choose. But for the quality and the affordable product, you can see Fiio E7 VS E17.
At first, Fiio E7 and E17 looks identical. It looks modern and solid. Both of them also equipped with digital display and pushbutton control. But the location of the pushbutton is different. In Fiio E7, the buttons are located at the rear side. And for E17, all of them can be found on the front side.
The performance is also impressive. Both of them can produce the quality sound with the low distortion for sure. It allows people to adjust the bass sound too. Even you can see boost bass with 3 settings on E7. In E7, there are 2 headphone jacks. This feature allows you to share your music with your friends. In E17, you will not find it. Instead having dual headphone jacks, it has SPDIF port.
Talking about the price, it seems there is a huge difference. In this aspect, E7 is cheaper than E17. With the great difference, course there will be some difference on the feature and the performance. But overall, the difference is not too essential.
Fiio E7 Vs E17
|Fiio E7||Fiio E17|
|Key Features||- USB audio decoding and output for PC, functioning as a high quality external USB soundcard
- Build-in headphone amplifier utilizing AD8692
And Texas Instruments' TPA6130A as pre- and power-amp for high performance, good resolution, low distortion, and powerful output
- Standard 3.5mm stereo line-in jack for portable amplification with conventional audio source
And Dual 3.5mm headphone output jack. Convenient design makes it easy to share music between two listeners
- This model supports driverless plug and play on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Vista, Windows 7, and various Mac OS||- Standard mini USB interface: Connect to your PC for digital audio transfer and/or charge of the 1500 mAh internal battery
- 3.5 mm stereo headphone output: Suitable for 16-150 ohm headphones; MAX output current > 80 mA; THD <0.003%@1KHz
- 3.5mm SPDIF input (optical, coaxial) digital connector to receive PCM signals up to 24-bit/192kHz
- 3.5mm Analog Line-In for use with other audio sources, 18-Pin multi-functional interface to connect FiiO's L7 and E9 docks
- Digital Bass, Treble, Gain, Volume Controls|
|Ratings||3.7 out of 5.0 stars||4.3 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 21%
please click here||Save 13%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
When you look at the rating, E7 looks better than E17. The performance is not too disappointing too. Even it looks close with the brother, Fiio E17. Beside it, the battery life is better too. E7 has equipped with 1050 mAH battery. This battery allows this device to operate for 80 hours. This is much better than E17. Interestingly, the price of Fiio E7 is more affordable too.