With budget under $200, KRK KNS 8400 vs ATH M50 should be your top two considerations. Those headphones have proven themselves to excel at both aspects of sound leakage and comfort. What about the sound quality? Well, at this point, I won’t talk about such aspect because both headphones can really fulfill what you expect (or even exceed it) in terms of sound quality.
Comparison of Over-the-Top Headphones
The similarity of both headphones is how they are basically more-than-just comfortable to wear. If you have problem with sore ears after wearing headphones for quite a while, you can kiss it goodbye. However, in one way or another, ATH M50 is believed to be more comfortable due to the fact that it has soft and fluffy cushions. You can wear it for hours with barely getting any convenience. ATH M50 is also more compatible with a selection of wires included during purchase.
Nonetheless, compared to the competitor, KRK KNS 8400, ATH M50 is pricier (although not really that much). The difference in price is actually quite logical by how basically M50 has slightly better bass. It also has nice look (which is comparable to the well-known beautiful Sennheiser). If we see the “big picture”, M50 is really complete. It has everything you ever want from a headphone. It doesn’t sound excessive to call this the headphone of the year.
So, does it mean 8400 must admit its absolute defeat? All in all, factually, 8400 is just slightly in lower level. But, it has better affordability which can really come in handy for those who have less than $150. Not to mention, 8400 has volume remote feature which has been proven to be fantastically helpful and convenient.
KRK KNS 8400 Vs ATH M50
|KRK KNS 8400||ATH M50|
|Key Features||- Detachable in-line volume control
- Voiced to remain true to the character of KRK's class leading studio monitors, developed with 25 years of years of experience in studio sound.
- The latest reference quality frequency response for closed-back, circum-aural dynamic headphones.
- Newly developed headphone acoustical system bringing a new level of headphone performance for the first time.
- Utilizing the latest in acoustic memory foam technology this ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.||- Exceptional audio quality for professional monitoring and mixing
- Collapsible design ideal for easy portability and convenient storage
- Closed-back cushioned earcup design creates an outstanding seal for maximum isolation
- Adjustable padded headband for comfort Single-sided coiled cable terminates to gold-plated mini-plug with screw-on 1/4" adapter|
|Ratings||4.6 out of 5.0 stars||4.7 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 40%
please click here||Save 25%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Still, if you can really afford ATH M50, I must say you should go for it. KRK KNS 8400 vs ATH M50 is won by the M50. You’ll see how the more money you need to pay can really be back to you in the form of multiplied pleasure.