Are you looking for an affordable headset that you can rely on for gaming? Well, if so, Logitech would be glad and proud to offer you Logitech G430 and Logitech G930. These two headset models are available in the same price range. Though, of course, Logitech G430 is quite more affordable and budget-friendlier than Logitech G930. So, what are the differences between Logitech G430 and Logitech G930? Which is the one that you should purchase for the best bang out of the bucks? Let’s see!
Even though both of them are gaming headset with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound technology, they have been designed quite differently from each other. The most noticeable one is that Logitech G430 is wired while Logitech G930 is wireless. Logitech G430 can connect to your computer via the analog 3.5mm jack or the USB. Meanwhile, Logitech G930 connects to your computer via the 2.4 GHz frequency with the USB adapter included, but it can also connect by using a USB cord.
In addition, their button placements are also different. Logitech G430 has in-line buttons. On the other hand, Logitech G930 has the buttons placed on the back of the left ear cup. Logitech G930 also comes with three programmable G-keys that you can utilize as hotkeys for any purposes – a feature that Logitech G430 lacks. (Please read also: Logitech G930 Vs G933)
Output Quality and Features
It is interesting that both models actually possess identical drivers, frequency responses, and impedances. They each has 40mm drivers, a frequency response range of 20 Hz – 20 kHz, and 32-Ohm impedance. So, we can assume that they have identical output quality. They are indeed able to deliver crisp and detailed sounds, with astonishing immersion due to the Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound.
They each is also equipped with a cardioid unidirectional microphone. Their microphones are once again identical, as these microphones are foldable and retractable. One great feature is that the microphone is noise-cancelling; the mic can automatically attenuate noise and excessive sound levels, ensuring clarity over your communication, free of distortion and annoying feedback. However, only Logitech G930 that has a mute light indicator, which can be handy to inform you whether your mic is currently muted or not.
Logitech G930 Vs G430
|Logitech G930||Logitech G430|
|Key Features||- Low-frequency effects (LFE) channel, Rapid-burst transmission
- Agile frequency, Noise-cancelling mic
- Rotate-to-mute mic, Battery: Up to 10 hours per charge
- Headphone Driver: 1.6-Inch (40 mm), Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz, Impedance: 32 Ohms, Sensitivity: 90dB SPL/mW
- Microphone Pickup pattern: Cardioid (Unidirectional), Type: Pressure Gradient Electret Condenser, Frequency response: 50-20KHz, Sensitivity: -40dBV/Pa re: 0dB = 1 Pa, 1KHz
- Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound, Seven discrete audio channels, SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8USB port||- Dolby 7.1 surround sound: Experience an immersive 360-degree sound field that lets you hear what you can't see
- Built for comfort: Lightweight design and soft sport cloth ear cups with 90-degree swivel for maximum comfort and a personalized fit
- Folding, noise-cancelling boom mic: Reduces background noise for clear voice pick up and rotates up and out of the way
- On-cable sound controls: Volume dial and mute switch are close at hand for quick audio adjustments
- Compatibility: Works with PS4 and Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista computers|
|Ratings||3.3 out of 5.0 stars||4.1 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 56% Please click here||Save 31% Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Logitech G930 brings more value especially because of the three programmable G-keys and the mute light indicator. The fact that it is very versatile, allowing you to use it as either wireless or wired via USB, is also a great thing. Therefore, Logitech G90 is an excellent way to go here. Yet, if you don’t really fancy these features, you can save some bucks with Logitech G430.