Are you in a disquiet because you are unable to choose between Sennheiser HD 380 and Audio Technica ATH-M50X as your primary studio-grade headphones? Well, you have come to the right place! In the following discussion, we are going to outline the differences between Sennheiser HD 380 Pro and Audio Technica ATH-M50X. Afterward, we will also give you the recommendation about which model that you should choose. Hopefully, you will be able to tell which pair of headphones that is best for you. (Take a look: Sony MDR 7506 Vs Audio-Technica ATH M50X)
Perhaps one of the most crucial thing that you should consider in choosing the right pair of headphones is, of course, the output quality. Truth to be told, both Sennheiser HD 380 Pro and Audio Technica ATH-M50X have excellent output quality! If not, they would not be standing as the most popular headphone models on the market. They may sound similarly astonishing.
However, Sennheiser HD 380 Pro wins slightly over Audio Technica ATH-M50X due to the extra accuracy that it breathes into its audio reproduction. With an extensive frequency response range of 8 Hz – 27 kHz, Sennheiser HD 380 Pro produces extremely accurate sounds. Its bass is solid, full, and superbly accurate, while its midrange and treble are realistic and natural. Human voices are especially depicted almost perfectly by Sennheiser HD 380 Pro.
On the other hand, Audio Technica ATH-M50X boasts very clear highs and midrange, along with tight bass. Unfortunately, its bass performance is somehow inferior, as the model can’t reach as low. It also doesn’t have the naturalness of human voices like Sennheiser HD 380 Pro.
Both models are generally very comfortable to wear, even for long sessions, thanks to the sophisticatedly foam-covered headbands. They also have swiveling ear cups for easy one-ear monitoring. They each also uses detachable cables, utilizing a 1/8” jack connector and coming with a 1/4″ adapter.
However, Sennheiser HD 380 only comes with a single coiled cable, which is 1-meter long if coiled and 3-meter long if extended to the max. Meanwhile, Audio Technica ATH-M50X comes with three cables: a 1.2m-3.0m coiled cable, a 1.2m straight cable, and a 3.0m straight cable. Each model comes with a protective carrying case.
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Vs Audio Technica ATH-M50X
|Sennheiser HD 380 Pro||Audio Technica ATH-M50X|
|Key Features||- Closed, circumaural design for excellent passive attenuation of ambient noise (up to 32 dB)
- Exceptionally lightweight and comfortable for extended listening
- Replaceable single-sided, coiled cable with 1/8 inch (3.5mm) jack connector and screw type 1/4"" adapter
- Reduced comb filter effects and distortion due to E.A.R. (Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement) and Duofol diaphragms
- Includes slimline carrying case
- Built-tough with a 2 YEAR warranty!
- Compatible (listen only) with latest generation of tablets||- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring, professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort|
|Ratings||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||4.6 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
As the conclusion, Sennheiser HD 380 Pro and Audio Technica ATH-M50X are both excellent headphone models. However, in the end, we recommend you to choose Sennheiser HD 380 Pro for the better audio reproduction.