When it comes to professional headphones, customers are more likely to choose a well known brand, despite its’ higher price. While the products do give more guarantees, yet this does not mean the same features, perhaps even better, could come from the less known, cheaper products.
This became a quite hot issue when the famous Sennheiser launched three of their HD headphones products in time less than a year. It attracted a lot of reviews, as well as comparisons articles, particularly the Sennheiser HD 598 vs ATH-M50. A couple of factors that become a clear difference from both of these products are the appearance and prices. Promised as the more premium products than its predecessors, the Sennheiser HD 598 is fixed with higher price, and carried out a catchy appearance with the cream burt wood design.
Though the ATH-M50 sticks with old traditional black appearance, this doesn’t seem to be a real matter; in fact, some of the customers still put some doubt on handling the flashy creamy Sennheiser HD 598. From the weight, the Sennheiser HD 598 still weight more than the ATH-M50, although it also looks sturdier, but it does not look bulky.
The price is worth the quality. In sound quality, the Sennheiser HD 598 is hard to beat. Just like with its former products, the Sennheiser manufacturer is truly focused on their audio technology. The HD 598 offers a detailed high quality sound experience with its rich bass and amazing soundstage feature. The ATH-M50 might not reach to this level, but it still offer a great sound quality for the users, and one thing that the ATH-M50 excels from Sennheiser HD 598 is that the product have a great noise block and also able to avoid noise leakage—one thing that the Sennheiser could not do with its open airy design.
Sennheiser HD 598 vs ATH-M50
|Audio-Technica ATH-M50||Sennheiser HD 598|
|Key Feature/s||- Exceptional audio quality for professional monitoring and mixing
- Collapsible design ideal for easy portability and convenient storage, Cable Length: 3.9 - 9.8' (1.2 - 3m) Coiled Cable
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with neodymium magnet systems
- Closed-back cushioned earcup design creates an outstanding seal for maximum isolation
- Adjustable padded headband for comfort during long mixing/recording sessions, 1 year warranty||- Audiophile-grade high performance headphones,Headphones cable - External - 10 feet
- Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement technology
- Plush premium metal mesh and sophisticated burl wood accents
- Luxurious velour ear pads for long listening sessions
- Design inspired by European sport sedans
- HD 598 audiophile headphones inspired by European sport sedans
- Plush Premium metal mesh and sophisticated burl wood accents luxurious velour ear pads for long listening sessions|
|Ratings||4.7 out of 5.0 stars||4.6 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal||Save money
Buy it now!||Save 4%
Buy it now!|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
True, compared with the ATH-M50, Sennheiser HD 598 is more comfortable and also gives a much better listening experience. Yet if price and convenience become an important issue, the ATH-M50 would be a better choice.