Sennheiser Urbanite XL and Sennheiser HD 598 are both over-the-ear headphones. They are both very popular on the market, praised by many users for their exceptional audio performance and excellent comfortability. However, as they are both seemingly attractive, you are now left in a disquiet because you are not sure which one that you should purchase. Well, before you make a hasty decision, you should be aware that the two are very different from each other!
Perhaps the primary factor that you should consider in choosing between Sennheiser Urbanite XL and Sennheiser HD 598 is the design. Don’t be mistaken; they are both very comfortable to wear, even for long sessions. Coincidentally, they are both circumaural, which means that their ear cups are large enough to cover and cushion your ears. Their ear cups are very soft. The fact that Sennheiser HD 598’s headband is padded is a great thing, as it will not make the top of your head sore, but Sennheiser Urbanite XL doesn’t cause any issue at all regarding comfortability. Read also: Sennheiser HD 598 Vs Momentum.
The difference is that Sennheiser Urbanite XL is a pair of closed-back headphones while Sennheiser HD 598 is a pair of open-back headphones. As closed-back headphones, Sennheiser Urbanite XL will surround you with its sounds and block ambient noise from the environment. You will be more focused on your music. On the other hand, as open-back headphones, Sennheiser HD 598 will let ambient noise from the environment to enter your ears as well, mixing and blending them with your music. As the effect, there is nearly no isolation, but the audio effect is ultimately realistic, vivid, and immersive.
Both products are able to generate excellent output quality. Even so, Sennheiser HD 598 has a slightly better edge here, as it has a significantly wider frequency response range. Compared to Sennheiser Urbanite XL, it can reach higher and lower frequencies. Hence, its sounds are typically more accurate and detailed, with more solid bass and highly defined treble. On the downside, it has a bigger impedance, and may consume more power from your audio device in order to produce higher volume levels.
Another distinction of Sennheiser Urbanite XL is that it is foldable, allowing easy travel and storage. It has a 3.5mm jack plug and comes with a soft case. Meanwhile, Sennheiser HD 598 has a 6.3mm jack plug, but comes with a 3.5mm adapter plug, plus two cable choices.
Sennheiser Urbanite XL Vs HD 598
|Sennheiser Urbanite XL||Sennheiser HD 598|
|Key Features||- Wireless Freedom - Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, voice prompts, 3-way-calling, multi-connectivity
- CD-quality audio - featuring the apt-X codec, the Urbanite XL Wireless can connect wirelessly to any Bluetooth apt-X-enabled device
- Simple to use - intuitive touch control panel on ear cup and convenient connection with two devices simultaneously (phones and computers)
- Hours of use - 25h of music without recharging, 15 days of stand-by time
- Peace of mind - 2-years international warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer||- Premium, audiophile-grade over-ear, open back headphones
- Padded leatherette headband and luxurious velour covered ear pads perfect for long listening sessions
- Compatible with virtually every audio device including phones, tablets, computers and stereo components
- Two cable options (3 meters and 1.2 meters) included along with 3.5mm adapter plug
- 2-year limited warranty only when purchased from an authorized dealer.|
|Ratings||4.1 out of 5.0 stars||4.6 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Perhaps the very first thing that you should consider is whether you prefer open-back or closed-back headphones. If you are fine with either, then we recommend you to choose Sennheiser HD 598. It delivers better output quality and comes with more equipment, making it more versatile in usage.