Comparing Sony MDR 7506 Vs Audio-Technica ATH M50 is like watching two beasts duel. The Sony product has been considered rich of features for a reasonable price while Audio-Technica ATH M50 that is a little more expensive also comes with great specifications. We will see thoroughly to see which one actually gives better value.
First things first, ATH M50 comes with broader frequency response from 15 Hz to 28 kHz. This allows us to hear more sounds from the higher frequency, compared to Sony’s 10 Hz – 20 kHz. However, Sony MDR 7506 has the lower edge of frequency response, making it capable to perform better on lower frequency, like when managing bass. Sony MDR 7506 also has higher sound sensitivity than ATH M50 with 106 dB/mW, and higher impedance of 63 ohms. Both have similar cord length (9.8-feet), but ATH M50 weighs more even without the wire and connector attached.
Sony MDR 7506 Vs Audio-Technica ATH M50
|Sony MDR 7506||Audio-Technica ATH M50|
|Key Features||- Neodymium magnets and 40mm drivers for powerful, detailed sound
- Closed-ear design provides comfort and outstanding reduction of external noises
- 9.8-foot cord ends in gold-plated plug; 1/4-inch adapter included
- Folds up for storage or travel in provided soft case
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 20 kHz
- 9.8-foot coiled cord and it is not deatachable||- The Kappa 60.9cs component speaker system features 6-1/2-Inch woofers with responsive woven glass-fiber
- Plus One (patent pending) woven-glass-fiber woofer cone Edge-driven - MMD-dome tweeter Outboard passive crossover with air core inductors
- Tweeters handle down to 2,500 Hz
- Low-frequency output
- The Plus One design
- 6-1/2-Inch woofers with responsive woven glass-fiber
- Longer voice coils add some punch to the bass|
|Ratings||4.6 out of 5.0 stars||4.7 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save Money
please click here||Save 32%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Between Sony MDR 7506 vs. Audio-Technica ATH M50, the Sony product goes out as the winner. The MDR 7506 gives more features for a reduced price. It allows us to hear better on lower frequency which can be useful in recording sessions. The only advantage of ATH M50 is its higher edge of frequency response. Besides that, Sony MDR 7506 is still superior.