When looking for an excellent studio headphones, Sony MDR 7506 is easily one of the bests. The product won the versus with Audio-Technica ATH M50 due to its various practical features for a fair price. Now, Audio-Technica ATH M50X becomes its next contender. Both of them are best-selling items on Amazon right now, so their quality is undoubted. We will compare Sony MDR 7506 vs. Audio-Technica ATH M50X to see which one actually has better value for our money. Read also : Sony MDR 7506 Vs Audio-Technica ATH M50.
ATH M50X comes with a wider frequency response range, from 15 Hz to 28 kHz, similar to its younger brother ATH M50. The higher range makes it possible to hear more sounds on mid-high frequency, so ATH M50X will perform better when handling treble. Meanwhile, though Sony MDR 7506’s frequency response is narrower with 10 Hz – 20 kHz, the Sony product would likely handle bass better than the ATH M50X since it has the lower edge.
ATH M50X has the bigger driver size, 45.0 mm, and features 90° swiveling earcups, allowing easy one-ear monitoring along with more durability and comfort. Also worth noting that ATH M50X’s cable is detachable while Sony’s is undetachable. Sony MDR 7506 provides better sound sensitivity, 106 db/mW, than ATH M50X’s 98 dB. However, ATH M50X’s power handling is better with 1600 mW maximum input power. ATH M50X comes with a higher price, though.
Sony MDR 7506 Vs Audio-Technica ATH M50X
|Sony MDR 7506||Audio-Technica ATH M50X|
|Key Features||- Neodymium magnets and 40mm drivers for powerful, detailed sound
- Closed-ear design provides comfort and outstanding reduction of external noises
- 9.8-foot cord ends in gold-plated plug; 1/4-inch adapter included
- Folds up for storage or travel in provided soft case
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 20 kHz
- 9.8-foot coiled cord and it is not deatachable
- 4 new 14 used from $60.00 4 refurbished from ||- This Certified Refurbished product is factory refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers, Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils|
|Ratings||4.6 out of 5.0 stars||5.0 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save Money
please click here||Save 50%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site or Headphone Authority at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
It can be quite difficult in determining the winner of Sony MDR 7506 vs. Audio-Technica ATH M50X. ATH M50X has more advantages, but it also comes with significantly higher price. I would call this a draw. However, if the price is not your major concern, Audio-Technica ATH M50X would be your better choice.